One of the most frequently asked questions that I hear from prospective students when they first arrive on campus is, "What can I have in my dorm room?" "What should I bring in my dorm room?" Hopefully, I will be able to help you all out with a composite list that I have abided by for the past two years.
First, it is important to note that I am a civilian student, meaning that what I am allowed to have in my dorm room is vastly different than what students of differing lifestyles are prohibited to have.
Here, is a link to the online rules and regulations booklet that all students are given which stands alone for guidelines for the residence halls!
- Refrigerator (I even linked the exact one I have). Having a refrigerator in your room is something that I have learned to love! For long nights studying out in the lounges, your room or friends rooms'- it is ever so convenient to grab a quick snack!
- Cozy Comforter (While this isn't the exact one I have, it is relatively similar). While it may seem silly to put a comforter on this list, I disagree! Ideally, you would want your room to have a "home-like feel" and that all begins (in my opinion) with the blankets, comforters, and pictures!
- Wall Calendar (Similar to the one on my wall!) While I have a planner that I keep with me at all times, it is so helpful to have a wall calendar to mark down your bigger, longstanding events. They are usually fairly priced and come in so handy! Amazon is a steal for these types of items!
- Shoe Organizer If you're like me, you likely had a difficult time deciding what shoes to bring onto campus- (so you brought nearly all of them!) I found this shoe organizer to be very helpful! It takes up a small amount of space in my closet and it allows me to view all my shoes, place them back neatly, and keep my closet nice and organized!
- Essential Oil Diffuser (This is not the one I have, if this is an item you are interested in- check out a TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Home Goods for a cheaper option!) If you're like me, you love the smells of essential oils! Not only are they a great way to unwind after a long day of classes, but they add a nice refreshing scent to the room that is long-lasting.
I hope this helps!