Time seems to go by so fast when you're not thinking about it! Specifically, my time here at Norwich University! Crazy enough, a little "timeline memory" popped up on my phone just today- I was accepted into Norwich University three years ago on this day! On that day, I don't believe I was able to say with completely certainty that this would be the university I would attend, although it seems so clear looking back now, as crazy as that may sounds! :)
I thought I would share some of the things that I looked closely at when applying for college, as that season is finally here! In addition, this is specific to the nursing major, as that is the major I applied for, for all schools!
- NCLEX Pass Rate (this is the test that you are required to take upon completion of an accredited nursing program, it determines whether or not you are granted your nursing licensure)
- Cost (before and after student aid)
- Location (I am from Vermont, and only applied to schools in New England)
- I checked out social media pages of all schools I applied to, to get an idea of programs/events that were being offered to give me a sense of student satisfaction. This year, because in person visitations are limited, that would be vital to a decision.
- Visit, once I narrowed down my selection. This year, Norwich University has really stepped up their virtual campus tour game. Honestly, it's like you're actually here.